Saturday, June 26, 2010

Starting a New Cat Block of the Seasons Quilt


I am starting a new Cat Block of the Seasons Quilt over at Ellies Quilting site. I have posted a link on my side bar. I have finished the first block which is SUMMER and I am posting it here. She offers it in embroidery or applique and I chose the embroidery. I have also been saving the Under the Seas block of the month, you can find it on my sidebar also and she is doing a special coloring technique using the Derwent Coloring pencils so I thought I would try it on these blocks. Being a lover of all things CAT and LADYBUGS this BOS was definately for me. I am posting my finished first block on here today. There are 4 main blocks each representing a different season and 4 corner squares with embroidery. There will also be patchwork blocks that seperate the 4 main blocks and maybe a center block, I am not sure but Ellie says it will be really cute in the end. Anyway without further ado here is my 1st finished main block. I havent finished the smaller block yet but will post them togather when it is finished.

No comments: