Friday, May 9, 2008

A Stormy Week!











Well this week started out with a bang. Lots of wind and some rain on Mon, than tuesday rolls in with some more wind and rain. Finally on wed, the day of our big BBQ at work in comes the really nasty black clouds and lots of rain. Here are a few shots I took of the weather. These were some pretty nasty black clouds and out of these come tornados, I have posted a pic of one of those also. This was taken by one of the news storm chasers last year. When you get up close and personal with one of these it does get pretty scarey.


Spent the day with the grandkids today, I sure do have fun with them. We took them to the local dollar store and gave them each $5. Savannah bought a package of the tiny snickers bars, a red model wig that had a comb with a bow attached, a bunch of flowers to give her mom on mothers day and I can't remember the other. I am proud of her that she remembered her mom with that money. Jakob got a circus clown on a Unicycle that he promptly stepped on and broke, a little parachute guy, ball to knock over bottles with, a puzzle that he spilled water on and a water gun. Unfortunately he did not think of his mama.


I took them both to my friend who cuts my hair and she cut all of our hair. We all look quite nice in our new hairdos. Oh, I almost forgot. I gave the cowboy quilt to my friend at work who is really into cowboy stuff. Well one of the other therapists made her a little pair of crocheted cowboy boots. I think these are the cutest things I have ever seen and I had to post a pic on here. REMEMBER, I DID NOT MAKE THESE. SHE DID!!!!
Well that is all for now. There may not be any posts in the next three days. I am working sat, sun and mon on my 12-hr shifts. Hope all the mothers out there have a wonderful Mothers Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barbara

2 comments:

Candace said...

I'm glad you made it through the storms ok. I have been near some tornadoes, and that was bad enough.
They are frightening things. The little cowboy boots are cute, and I'll bet that your friend really loved her new cowboy quilt.

SH Sue said...

Barbara - I love your blog. Great information, and your quilts are BEAUTIFUL. The grandkids - well, I understand that grandma love. Mine is just 8 weeks old and I love her so much. Yours are beautiful and handsome. I bet you had a grand time at the $ store. What a wonderful idea. If you can get the pattern for the crochet boots, I would love it. This is one of my new fav blogs. TT for now - SH Sue