Thursday, July 30, 2009

Paper Bag Swap Goodies!!!!!!!!
















I signed up to participate in the Paper Bag Swap over at Snickerdoodle dreams a month ago. We decorated a paper bag and put in it a fat quarter, buttons, ribbon lace or rick-rack, and some embroidery floss. Once we recieved the bag from our partner we were to make something out of it and send back. Mine is winging its way across the ocean to her, so I can't post a picture till she gets it, but I recived mine on monday.






I recieved this beautiful Victorian Needle box that was handmade by her. I have shown it as the box and than what happens when you take off the lid. I absolutely love this thing. Inside that center little tiny box is a thimble that says Australia. She also sent this placemat, wall hanging little number with the 4 coasters. It reeks of Australia, don't you think? I am dying to post a picture of her wall hanging I made but since she is one of my followers I can't because it would spoil the surprise. I did send you some loverly bluebonnet something. Oh yes I got a nice block of Chocolate with cherries from Australia that I had to split 6 ways so just got a little taste but it sure was good.




I have signed up for the newest Old Red Barn quilt-along, this time it is a zig-zag quilt and here are the color choices I have picked. I am going to make it a bed sized quilt. The fabics are above. I still can't figure out how to add pictures to the correct paragraphs. Oh well, now there are 2 pictures of the fabrics I am going to use take care everyone. Next post I will post my strips all ready to cut into squares, my goal for today.
Barbara